Every holiday has a signature dish, abd for many at Christmas, that dish is ham. And just like with any other holiday, there is sure to be plenty of leftovers. Day one, day two, it is pretty easy to handle. But by day three, you are looking for ways to use your leftovers that won’t make it feel like you are eating the same thing day after day. To help you with your ham leftover, wrap your ham in our ham bag and check out our 5 ways to use leftover ham below.
1. BBQ HAWAIIAN PIZZA - Not everyone is a fan of pineapple on pizza, so if you aren’t, just skip the pineapple and make it a BBQ pizza. This is an easy and tasty way to use up that leftover ham, making it feel completely different. And if neither Hawaiian or BBQ sounds that great to you, don’t fret: there are plenty of ways you can dress up leftover ham on a pizza.
2. HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS - This is a great way to go when you are looking to both please everyone on boxing day and cook in a hurry. Who doesn’t love sliders? Combine all your favourite flavours to create a quick, easy, delectable dinner for the whole family - we think this is also the perfect time to get the pickles and preserves out to add a little bit more flavour.
3. SPINACH AND HAM STUFFED BAKED POTATOES - Stuffed potatoes are a delicious, easy way to bring a hearty dinner to the table and use up leftover ham and veggies. Pair with a salad for an easy weeknight dinner, post the Christmas rush.
4. HAM FRIED RICE - Try a simple stir-fry, a great idea when you’re trying to use up leftovers. It not only works well with ham, but also with a fridge full of leftover veggies!
5. CLASSIC HAM AND CHEESE TOASTIE - You can’t go past a classic ham and cheese toastie. By this stage bakeries will be open again, it’s a perfect way to use up the last of the Christmas condiments too! Think a little bit of Dijon mustard or even the last of the vegetable preserves. An easy idea for a family picnic as well we think!